Paulette Herbert, EdD, LISW-CP-S, RPT-S
"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is a quiet voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow". Mary Anne Radmacher
Meet Dr. Herbert:
Lonely, anxious, depressed, frustrated, angry, confused? Psychotherapy can be an important step toward seeking change, resolving issues and focusing on personal growth. Each person who begins therapy has different needs and goals making the therapeutic relationship unique. Life brings challenges, obstacles and burdens that can cause many feelings and emotions; sometimes paralyzing us towards a direction. Therapy is not a mystery but rather a process where healing is facilitated in a caring environment.
Partnering with clients to create a plan focusing on goals and objectives is essential to feeling safe and comfortable while we work together, navigating life' stressors and change. My areas of specialization with children and individuals allows for a unique perspective when helping a client develop proactive and positive change. I am known for my pragmatic, interactive and straightforward style that allows clients, young and old, to look at their lives from different perspectives and alternatives.
Sometimes, a family or systems approach, where a family member(s) is included, allows for healing that is often more difficult when navigating an issue alone. This can help facilitate a more cohesive strategy when working together through struggles and moving forward in a positive direction. My goal is to help children, teens, adults and families become successful in problem-solving and self-determination.
Give us a call to see how therapy can help you walk through life with a sense of well-being, focus and meaning.
- Post Doctorate, Georgia State Play Therapy Institute, 2010
- Doctorate in Counseling Psychology (EdD), University of Sarasota, 2008
- Master of Social Work (MSW), University of South Carolina, 1997
- Bachelor in Education, University of Central Florida, 1983
- American Play Therapy Association (RPT-S)
- National Association of Social Workers
- SC Counseling Association
- SC Society for Clinical Social Work
- SC Clinical Mental Health Counselors Association
- Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART)
- Eagala Equine Therapy